Plastic surgery has certainly come a long way. Recent advancements in the sciences and technologies have made certain cosmetic enhancements possible when it was thought to be unachievable in the past. In fact, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery revealed in their recent annual multi-specialty statistical data that 2013 was the year Americans spent a largest amount on cosmetic surgery since The Great Recession of 2008.
More Than Just Looking Good
Being fit, looking youthful, and staying healthy are goals that are universal amongst men and women of all ages and races. Cosmetic surgery is proving to be one of the methods that can significantly help individuals achieve such goals.
Although vanity is often associated with plastic surgery, it should be noted that deciding to have a cosmetic procedure (whether surgical or non-surgical) is more than just the desire to look good but rather an exercise in increasing self-confidence which in turn can have a positive impact on one’s career, relationships, and overall well-being. In some cases, plastic surgery is used as a springboard to start leading a healthy lifestyle.
Each individual have their own set of reasons to have plastic surgery. Although the popularity of plastic surgery may be attributed to dramatic positive outcomes, making the decision to undergo plastic surgery should be given enough time as well as a thorough self-assessment.
Important Points to Consider Before Making an Informed Decision
Each patient’s goals and preferences in plastic surgery are unique. However, we encourage our patients to consider the following points before making the decision:
- Achieving perfection should never be your goal in having plastic surgery. Plastic surgery may bring forth major life improvements but it will never change your life. It is the not the ultimate solution to your personal and career woes.
- It pays to understand the risks and complications of the procedure of your choice. This will significantly help you in preparing for the procedure.
- A procedure or treatment may work wonders for a friend or a co-worker but it doesn’t guarantee that it will work for you too. Keep your expectations in check.
- Timing in plastic surgery also matters a lot, particularly if you’re planning to have a surgical procedure which will require a significant amount of time allotted for recovery. The same consideration should also be given to possible plastic surgery costs.
- Do not decide on a procedure unless all your questions concerning the procedure has been answered and thoroughly discussed to you.
- Ultimately, you should choose to have plastic surgery because you want to. The decision to have a procedure or treatment should not be made or majorly influenced by someone else.
Your Personalized Plastic Surgery Plan at Pierini Esthetics Surgery
During your customized consultation here at our Miami plastic surgery practice, our doctors will thoroughly review your goals and advise you on the procedure or procedures which could best meet your needs. We will also show you a computerized method for analyzing exactly where and how we can enhance your body or face. A tailored consultation is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions or share your concerns!
Get in touch with us today for a free consultation! Call 305.303.3872 or fill out this contact form to schedule an appointment. We look forward to your visit!