Facial wrinkles are frustrating. One day it seems everything is fine. Then, seemingly, the next day you wake up and notice the first signs of lines and wrinkles starting to form where there once were none. Before you run to the nearest beauty store and spend half your paycheck on the latest and greatest anti-aging product, you might want to learn how wrinkles develop. By doing so, you will be more knowledgeable of what to look for in products and treatments promising to erase years off your face, as well as what to do to avoid helping the formation of more wrinkles.
Wrinkles and creases are a result of combination of factors and processes. These factors include the following:
- Sun exposure – This is a major cause of premature skin aging. The collagen and elastin in the skin are destroyed with unprotected sun exposure resulting in a dull, dry, wrinkly appearance.
- Genetics – Individuals with darker skin tones tend to be less vulnerable to sun exposure.
- Fat loss and bone depletion – The skin is supported by both fat and bone. Depletion of either or both can lead to sagging skin.
- Frequent muscle contraction – The more the underlying muscles contract, the more likely the skin will wrinkle.
- Exposure to harsh elements such as wind, harsh cold, pollution, and smoke
- Nutritional deficiencies – The skin is the largest organ in the body and a lack of certain vitamins in the diet can lead to dull-looking skin and eventually result in the premature formation of wrinkles.
Talk to us today to figure out which treatments and products are appropriate for your facial wrinkles. There are other factors to consider when coming up with a skin care plan such as your skin tone, lifestyle, and aesthetic preferences.
Call 305.303.3872 to schedule your free consultation. We look forward to your visit!