Who Should Consider Eyelid Surgery?
The eyes are the most important feature of the face. A combination of factors such as genetics, nutrition, the environment, and certain lifestyle habits all play a role in how your eyes and the areas surrounding them look as you age.
Men and women both wonder what are their cosmetic options for addressing aging issues affecting the eye area, from sagging upper eyelids to pronounced puffiness. Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is the procedure of choice for these concerns. However, not all aesthetic issues concerning the eyes and their surrounding areas can be remedied with eyelid surgery.
You should consider eyelid surgery if you have the following concerns:
● Excess skin in the upper eyelids – An upper eyelid surgery may be performed either for cosmetic or medical purposes. The former can help your eyes look more rejuvenated while the latter will significantly improve peripheral vision that drooping eyelids has reduced.
● Pronounced puffiness or eye bags in the lower eyelids – Lower eyelid fat removal or repositioning can help reduce puffiness.
● Restore overall appearance of the eyelids – This can be done by tightening the underlying muscles that weaken with age.
In contrast, blepharoplasty may not help you with the following issues around the eye area:
● Sagging brows and/or the appearance of wrinkles in the forehead – Sagging brows respond better to a brow lift, while Botox is the cosmetic option of choice for forehead wrinkles.
● Dark under eye circles – People assume dark circles may be remedied with eyelid surgery. However, it should be noted that these dark circles might be caused by other factors such as alcohol consumption or as a symptom of a health condition. Eyelid surgery can remedy dark circles if they are a shadow cast by puffy eyelids.
● Crow’s feet – Wrinkles and lines on the outermost corners of the eyes are more responsive to injectables such as Botox and Dysport that weaken the muscle contractions that cause wrinkles.
Planning for Your Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery requires more than a high level of skill from your cosmetic surgeon. It also requires in-depth knowledge of facial anatomy and a keen aesthetic sense. Let us help you plan for your eyelid surgery today! Call 305.303.3872 to schedule your free consultation. We look forward to your visit!